Our Wavey girl is 4 and obsessed with all things unicorn, so obviously she required the most magical unicorn party.
Enjoy all the photos and I will break down where everything came from or how I made it.
I blew all these up myself, but I would definitely recommend getting an electric pump to speed up the process and save you a lot of air!
- I got two packs of balloons because I wanted a wider variety of color.
INVITATIONS AND SIGNS
- Every year we use Invited by Audriana to create signs and invitations, and she does an INCREDIBLE JOB! Would recommend her every time.
- Our other sign is from Cuddle and Kind and it came with Waverly's darling unicorn pal.
- Disclaimer....this Unicorn Dress is from China. It was actually shipped surprisingly fast, but I would still give yourself at least a two month cush to make sure it gets to you on time. If your on a crunch, there are similar ones on Amazon.
- Unicorn Headband - This came with the dress and I just wired on live flowers.
made a big impact and was so fun for the kids to run through
- Not pictured....I had a hamburger bar for main food along with a pretty rainbow fruit platter, pink lemonade, and unicorn cups that I made.
- I got pastel colored cups at the dollar store, simply bought a gold sparkle paper and cut out unicorn horns to glue onto the cups and sticker eyes.
- I got one set of eyes from Aliexpress (China) and a nicer set of sparkle eyelash eyes from Hobby Lobby as well as paper flowers and flower stickers to make flower crowns to put on the cups.
- Pastel Marshmallows
- Pastel Candy Marbles
- Unicorn Horns
- I made these from Bugles, white candy melts with pastel food coloring and sprinkles.
- Just melt the candy in small doses and add 2 drops of food coloring. Dip bugles, sprinkle and let cool. Great sweet and salty, magical treat!
I also added them to homemade rainbow chip and buttercream cupcakes for an extra unicorn treat.
- I used the unicorn lucky charms in the bottom, Vanilla yogurt with sprinkles mixed into the middle and threw a small sugar cone on the top to make the most darling of unicorns.
- The horn, ears and eye toppers are from Amazon
- The flowers are real, so have fun and be creative!
- The cake I made
- One Box of Rainbow Chip (I baked half in a round 8 inch pan, and make 12 cupcakes out of the other half)
- One box white cake mix (I separated into 4 even parts and added pink, purple, yellow and a mix of blue and green to them. I baked them in 8 inch pans for about 15 minutes.
- Tips to baking cakes: The key to a fluffy cake is beat it to death! I let my mixer run for 3-5 minutes to get that extra fluffy cake.
- Bake as box instructs (shorten cooking time to 15 minutes if you are making thinner layers as I did here). Allow cakes to cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes, then place in freezer for about an hour. I then take out the frozen cakes and wrap in saran wrap, and place back into the freezer until ready to compile cake.
- Get the cakes out of freezer and shape, I use a serrated knife to cut the top off the cake to get smooth layers. I also shaved around the sides to get the colored layers to show through a little better.
- I make my own butter cream frosting the day of. Here is a super easy recipe. I make a double batch to make sure I have plenty. Do a layer of frosting between each level of cake, place a thicker layer on top and smooth out. It really is that easy.
I personally think real greenery and flowers are a must for any party. I actually cut most of these flowers, but also went to my local grocery store and picked out a variety of flowers within the party color scheme along and made three arrangements as well as kept out a handful for the cake. Often Trader Joe's is the best place to get flowers if you have one close by, but Albertson's also had great options.
I ordered these plastic unicorn headbands on Amazon, I loved that they had colors for the boys at the party too!
Most importantly HAVE FUN! Happy party planning to you.
Here are other Birthday Theme's we've done: